Soon it will be time to decorate the baby’s room. Phill and I have spent time gathering our favourite looks and products on Pinterest and have begun buying items. The room has been cleared and soon we’ll set to work redecorating the room that was once Phill’s office space (don’t worry he now has a much larger space all to himself in the attic!).
Walls will be painted, new flooring laid, furniture assembled, pictures hung and book shelves filled! We want the room to feel calm and serene so we’re going for a soft palette of nutmeg white, light grey and mint. However, we also want the room to be full of life and personality so there will be plenty of books, artwork and soft toys too.
Bright and overly cutesy baby rooms are not my thing, whilst minimalist or monochrome looks don’t cut it for me either. As with all the rooms in my house, I want it to reflect Phill and I’s personality and preferences…so watch this space for the final outcome!
Featured items are (from top left to right) :
- B&Q Arlington white oak laminate – we’re getting rid of the cheap laminate flooring currently in the room and replacing it with this light flooring that will give the relatively small baby’s room a feeling of space.
- LANE mint light shade – I have a LANE pendant lampshade in my dressing room/guest room and I want this one for the baby’s room. I just love the simple style and design (it’s made from heavyweight paper in the UK).
- Lulu & Nat elephant cushion – I have a thing for elephants and they will feature quite heavily in the baby’s room!
- Dunelm kids storage box – I bought this box as it combines all the colours we want to incorporate in the room…plus it will be handy to store small items neatly.
- M&S duckling baby bedding – I immediately fell in love with this duckling cot coverlet and bumper when in Marks & Spencer a few weeks ago. None of the cot bedding I had looked at before really took my fancy.
- Miffy night light – This large night light is large and quite pricey but I really want it! I adore Miffy and the first item I ever bought for the baby was a Miffy mobile I spotted in TK Maxx.
- Belle & Boo art print – I just bought my first Belle and Boo art print…but it is a present for someone else. I’d love this autumn print for the baby’s room.
- Mothercare Solna furniture – Aside from the pram, what furniture to get was the biggest decision we had to make. In the end nothing came close to this beautiful Solna set, which is an online exclusive.
- Dulux Mint Macaroon emulsion – Isn’t this just the prettiest mint shade? I think we’ll do a feature wall in mint and keep the other walls a neutral Nutmeg White colour.
Check out my Nursery Ideas board on Pinterest, and please follow me if you don’t already!