As spring approaches I’m ready to change up my makeup routine by introducing new products suitable for the new, warmer season. Cue Clarins with their beautiful and very grown up Aquatic Treasures range.
I’ve been lucky enough to get a preview of some of Clarins brand new offerings for summer. Fittingly the Aquatic Treasures range is inspired by the ocean and after using all the products this past week I can safely say I now want to book a no-expenses spared beach getaway somewhere exotic!
I’ll be honest, as a total Clarins novis I wasn’t sure if I’d like their makeup range. Many people my age will have mother’s who either used Clarins or Clinique and my mum was firmly in the Clinique camp. For this reason I’ve never gravitated towards Clarins. But no longer will that be the case!
I can’t say I’ve been surprised to find all the products shown are excellent quality, but more I’ve been surprised by the fact I really like each and every one and would purchase all of them happily in the future. So let’s get down to business and talk about each product!
1. Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base. This can be used almost like a lightweight tinted moisturiser or under your foundation. I’ve been using it under my usual foundation and a few people have remarked how I’ve been looking “really well” and with a “glow”. Exactly what I like to hear! I’ve reduced the amount of foundation I actually apply now because I feel I don’t need it. I’m using the 04 shade Apricot (limited edition).
2. Eyeshadows in rose and grey (limited edition). These are pretty little pots of iridescent colour. Super easy to apply – they go on like a cream but set like a powder. In my opinion these are perfect colour combos for summer. I cans see these lasting me for a long long time. Available to buy in May.
3. Waterproof Black Eye Liner. This is a wonderful eyeliner! Glides on like a gel but not as intimidating or fiddly to use.
4. Waterproof Black Mascara. This mascara really lengthens and thickens up my lashes and I don’t have to use my unclumping brush to get rid of annoying excess product.
5. Summer Bronzing Compact (limited edition). I was wowed with this product as soon as I set eyes on it. From the beautiful intricate marine inspired design of the powder itself to the very glamorous tortoiseshell case. It’s a huge compact which I love and it can be used to contour thanks to the four varying shades of matte bronze. Stunningly beautiful product to look at and use. Available to buy in May.
6. Fix’ Make-up. A refreshing spray to use once when you’re finishing applying your make-up, and throughout the day to freshen up your look and keep your makeup intact. Clarins suggest you keep this glass bottle in your fridge for an extra refreshing spritz (especially during summer) but I’ve just kept it on top of my dressing table.
Thank you to Clarins for sending me these products.