I’m seeing lots of beautiful rose pinks and mauves in home furnishings and home accessories at the moment. Other than my dressing room/spare room my house is not particularly girly or feminine. My own little room is where all my girliness comes to the fore with sweet little ornaments, feminine artwork and pretty cushions. But after collating a gorgeous selection of very romantic homewares I am tempted to start injecting some additional loveliness into the other rooms in my house. And what better excuse for updating my home style than welcoming in a new season?
Is there anything that takes your fancy from my wishlist? Some of these items would make excellent last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts I think.
1. Le Creuset heart shaped ramekins – I keep meaning to invest in some Le Creuset dishes. The rose coloured range is to-die-for, don’t you think?
2. Wild Raspberry scented candle from Debenhams – This sounds like the perfect scent to bring us into Spring. I’ll have to pick it up the next time I’m in Debenhams.
3. Love plate from George Home – I am a huge collector of plates but I have yet to add a heart shaped novelty plate to my collection. Maybe now is the time.
4. Next ‘Morning Gorgeous’ cushion – who doesn’t love to update their home with cheap and cheerful cushions? This one would be perfect as a Valentine’s Day gift (and it’s reversible!).
5. Anarkitty ‘Talulah’ artwork – I’ve loved Belfast based Emma Geary’s quirky artwork since Phill introduced me to her stuff a lot of years back. Her latest collection of 1920’s pin-up ladies are so fun. Just a few days ago I introduced my friend to her work and she bought a Talulah print straight away!
6. Paperchase ‘Brie Mine’ notebook – I believe you should have a notebook in every room of the house and this mini notebook is just so cute and perfect for writing down recipe ideas, to-do lists etc.
7. Pink throw from George Home – I can see this dreamy rose pink throw in my spare room placed over the bedspread.
8. Emma Bridgewater ‘Black Toast Inspiring’ mug – I don’t own a single EM piece as most of it is too country bumpkin for me (no offense meant!) but I love this edgier piece!
9. Marks & Spencer Liberty cutlery set – I adore this beautiful copper coated cutlery set. This would be a very luxurious addition to my dinnerware collection. I can dream…