If like me you’re left with ALOT of chocolate and nuts from the festive period or your baking cupboard needs to be cleared out, this granola recipe is a great way to make room in your food cupboards and have some great snacks for you and your family. It’s packed full of oats, nuts and seeds making it super nutritious and full of energy.
There are also some plain chocolate chips thrown in and a thin layer of chocolate covering to make it extra tasty. Perfect bars to take with you on the go! And also a great little homemade gift if you’d like to treat someone.
Don’t feel like you need to follow this recipe down to the ‘t’. Customise it to suit what you have in the house, and your taste preferences.
250g almond granola (contained oats, whole almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, cinnamon and ginger)
50g pecan nuts
50g chopped nuts
handful plain chocolate chips
3tbsp agarve syrup
50g demerara sugar
80g milk chocolate
1. Heat oven to approximately 170C.
2. Place the oats, nuts, seeds, chocolate chips and raisins into a large bowl.
2. In a small pot heat up the butter, syrup, honey and sugar. Once melted together add this to your granola mix until well combined.
3. Press the mixture into a baking tray (I lined mine with a baking sheet to make it easier to remove the granola mix once out of the oven).
4. Place the granola mix in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
5. Once out of the oven leave the mixture to cool and heat up your milk chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of hot water (add a blob of butter if you like) until it has fully melted.
6. Pour the melted chocolate over the granola mix nice and evenly.
7. Once completely cooled (I would place it in the fridge for a while) you can start to slice it into bars.