Hi, I’m Carolyn from Foreverscarlet.com, a fellow Northern Ireland Fashion & Beauty blogger as well as being Willow Lane’s best friend! Whilst Ruth is away lapping up the sunshine in beautiful California, I’m stepping in as guest author. I deliberated for some time over what to cover, scribbling down a few ideas based around a summer theme but in the end I decided to keep it nice and simple and opt for an easy peasy everyday summer look.
Summer is the best time to play up your make-up and move away from the usual neutral colours and go for something a little more colourful. If you’re heading to a festival, this is the kind of look that would go with most outfits and give you a fresh and youthful appearance. The foundation I’ve used here is quite heavy so you could swap it for something lighter and with a dewy finish. I think Rimmel wake me up or Bourjois healthy mix would be good cheaper alternatives.
Anyway, let’s get started!
1. Apply a base colour to prime your lids, here I’ve used Mac Paint pot in bare study (4). Next apply a light pink shade all over your lid up to the crease. I’ve used this pretty pink from the Pop beauty palette in bright up my life (7).
2. Take a Crown bullet brush (11) and apply a dark brown shade to just the crease of your eye (7). Don’t be too heavy handed as this is meant to be a pretty daytime look. Blend like a madman using the cult favourite, Mac 217 blending brush (10).
3. For a little shimmer, apply Mac pigment in melon (6) from the inner corner of your eye out towards the centre using a flat eyeshadow brush (9).
4. Underneath the eyes, dip an angled brush in water and then apply a light blue shade, here I’ve used Kiddie pool from an Urban Decay palette (8). Dipping your brush in water will help draw out a stronger colour as well as help it stay for longer.
6. I always recommend applying a primer as a base to help make your foundation last longer. Here I’ve applied L’oreal colour correcting primer (1) before applying my Estee Lauder double wear foundation (2) using my trusty Real Techniques expert face brush (15).
7. Set your make-up using Clinique translucent powder (3) and a big powder brush (13).
8. To add a flush of colour to your cheeks, apply Sleek blush in the centre shade from the Lace palette (16) using a Crown blusher brush (14).
9. Shape your brows using Rimmel’s brow pencil in black/brown (18) (my favourite brow product) before setting with Clinique brow gel (19).
And there you have it, an easy fresh and fun summer look! Let me know what you think and if you would like to keep up with my beauty and fashion posts, then simply follow me on bloglovin.
Thanks to Ruth for letting me guest post!