Phill was under the weather last week and so I thought I would make us some nutritious carrot and coriander soup to give our immune systems a bit of a boost. I love making soups around this time of year. They are so comforting and warming, and straightforward to make! All you need are your ingredients and a big pot and off you go.
1 onion, chopped
450g carrots, chopped
1 potato, chopped
1tbsp olive oil
1.2l vegetable stock
1tsp ground coriander
salt and pepper
handful chopped coriander
dollop of cream/Elmlea (optional)
Follow these steps:
1. Heat your oil in a pot and then tip your onions in and sauté them for 5 minutes until they have softened.
2. Add your carrots, potato, seasoning and stock to the pot and bring to the boil.
3. Simmer the ingredients for approximately 20 minutes.
4. Let the pot cool for a few minutes and then blitz your ingredients with a hand blender until you have a smooth consistency.
5. Serve with a swirl of cream or a touch of coriander.