Belfast Fashion Week may be over for this year but you can still get your fashion fix thanks to a special Cancer Focus NI fashion show at Conway Mill, Belfast on Monday 28 October at 7pm. This historic venue in West Belfast will be attracting thrifty fashionistas with a special fashion show all in aid of breast cancer research. I am pleased to say I will be playing hostess at the event, and compering the fashion show! I’m excited but nervous at the prospect of this but I have long been a supporter of Cancer Focus and I am only too happy to lend my support.
At the fashion show event, it’s not just beautiful clothes you will get a look at, but Crumbs cupcakes will be in abundance, as well Morelli’s ice-cream and some delicious Pink Lady Bellinis! There will be stalls selling vintage jewellery, handmade goodies and of course you will be able to purchase some of the best clothes that have been donated to Cancer Focus NI charity shops. All this plus live music will be playing all night.
Event organisers and Cancer Focus NI shop managers Anne Millar and Erin O’Rawe promise a great night out for ladies (and gentlemen!) from Belfast and beyond: “It’ll be a night full of fun and fashion so please come along and show your support for local breast cancer research.”
Tickets to the fashion show event are £5 but I am giving you lovely readers the chance to WIN a pair of tickets. If you’d like to be in with a chance of winning then simply leave a comment at the bottom of this post (along with your email address), tweet me or leave a comment on my Facebook page, letting me know why you would like to get your hands on the tickets! You have until 5pm on Thursday 24 October to enter the giveaway, and I will announce the winner that evening.
Please note: One entry per person. Two winners will be randomly chosen after 5pm on Thursday 24 October and given a pair of tickets. This giveaway is open to Northern Ireland residents only. You must include your email address in your comment so that I can reach you if you are the winner. I will not pass your email onto other parties. If you are the winner you will have 48 hours to respond to my email notification before a replacement winner will be chosen. Thank you!
Did you know?
* Approximately 1,200 women in Northern Ireland discover they have breast cancer each year
* Every year approximately 300 women die from breast cancer in Northern Ireland
* More women than ever survive because the disease is being diagnosed earlier and treatments are better
* Around 80% of women diagnosed are over 50
* All women between 50 and 70 get a postal invitation for free breast screening
* Family history or hereditary risk accounts for 5-10% of all breast cancer diagnosed
* Men can also develop breast cancer making up 0.5% of all breast cancers each year in