Has The Great British Bake Off got you inspired to get in the kitchen and start baking? As the darker, colder nights set in there is something very comforting about settling in front of the TV with a cup of tea and a homemade sweet treat.
Why not try this very simple brownie recipe this weekend? It’s pretty idiot-proof and will surely brighten up your weekend. Happy Friday folks!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients you’ll need:
200g plain chocolate
100g golden caster sugar
75g dark muscovado sugar
3 eggs, medium sized
75g plain flour
50g chocolate chips
sprinkling of icing sugar to decorate (if you fancy)
Equipment you’ll need:
1. Heat your oven to 150 degrees celius. Partially fill your pot with boiling water and have your pot over a low heat. Place your chocolate and butter in the glass bowl and then set your bowl over your pot (make sure the water does not touch your bowl!). Let the ingredients melt (help them along by stirring occasionally) until you have lovely smooth melted chocolate.
2. Take your bowl off the heated pot and let it cool for a few minutes. Add your caster sugar and muscovado sugar to the melted chocolate and whisk the ingredients. Then add your eggs one at a time and whisk thoroughly.
3. Sieve the flour into your chocolate mixture and whisk. Then stir in your choc chips.
4. Pour your chocolate concoction into your baking tray and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Serve yourself a generous helping of brownie and add a little ice cream or cream for extra yumminess. If you’ve made brownies for a party, then dust them with a bit of icing sugar and pile them high on a pretty plate.