Marshmallow twizzle sticks are a fun party must have! From five years old to seventy five years old, who doesn’t love a little chocolatey marshmallow delight?! Well I can think of one person in their twenties who I live with that doesn’t like them, but who cares about that?!
I thought I would attempt to make my first batch of marshmallow twizzles for the birthday party of my best friend (and fellow blogger Forever Scarlett). One doesn’t like to turn up to someone’s house party empty handed and so I thought I would put in a bit of an effort and actually make something.
These bite-size sweet treats are super easy to make and I will definitely make them again during the summer, hopefully for a BBQ!
What you need
Packet of marshmallows
Large bar of milk or white chocolate (warning: white chocolate does not melt down as easy)
Small knob of butter (optional)
Jar of sprinkles (I would get a selection if you can to make things more interesting)
Packet of plain white sticks (mine were labelled cake pop sticks)
Some dry foam (usually used for flower arranging!)
Sheet of tinfoil (large enough to cover the foil
1. Cover your foam with tinfoil (I used the matt side of the foil for the visible part).
2. Fill the pan half-way with water and place over a high heat.
3. Break the chocolate into small pieces and set into a glass bowl. Place the bowl over the pan of water (make sure the water isn’t touching the glass bowl).
4. If you are using butter then mix this with the chocolate once it has completely melted (this will give the chocolate an attractive ‘glisten’).
5. Place a marshmallow (or two if you are feeling adventurous) onto a stick and dip it into the chocolate (this can be a bit messy so have a rounded knife on hand to smooth the chocolate over the marshmallow if you need to).
6. Dip the covered marshmallow into your chosen bowl of sprinkles.
7. Secure your newly decorated marshmallow into the foam.
TIP: Decorate the marshmallows differently for extra fun. For example, cover the very top of one marshmallow with sprinkles whilst smoothing another one with lots of sprinkles!