I had a lovely bowl of curried parsnip soup in a cafe a few weeks back and so I thought I’d make my own version. It really is delicious.
My recipe will serve 6-8 people.
10 parsnips, chopped
1 onion, chopped
few cloves of garlic, crushed
2tbsp garam masala
1/2 medium sized red chilli, chopped
1tbsp ginger, grated
11/4 vegetable stock
salt & pepper to taste
2tbsp olive oil
What to do:
1. Heat olive oil in large pot.
2. Add onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and garam masala to pot and saute for approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add parsnip to pot and saute for a few minutes.
4. Add milk and stock and bring ingredients to the boil.
5. Simmer ingredients for approximately 30 minutes (with lid on).
6. Take pot off the heat and blitz the soup with a hand blender until smooth.